Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Friday, October 17, 2008

a sad day for BYU fans

Yesterday was a very sad day for all us BYU fans. BYU got their behinds royal creamed by TCU. I can't believe that they got beat by a team whose mascot is a frog!!! It was a total one-sided game. I don't know what happened to BYU, but I hope that they play better next week. The only good thing is that BYU is ranked number 9 in the AP poll. They are second in the Mountain West (guess who they're behind, that's right TCU). We will find out on Sunday were BYU stands in the BCS poll.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wasn't that an awful game?! It made me sick watching it. I had to turn it off. I don't want to see that happen when they play Utah, that's for sure!