Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

AHHHH!

I think that I'm jinxed!! I woke up this morning to get ready for work and I found out that my basement was flooded. The floor drain under my washer that empties into the main sewer line for my house is clogged. I've got the biggest mess downstairs right now. The water is at least ankle deep, and it's mostly toliet water (YUCK!!!). The plumber is here right now trying to fix it. I'm going to have so much fun cleaning this up when he is done, NOT! Well, the plumber isn't going to be finished anytime soon, he just busted his snake and has to go get another one. I said that I was jinxed didn't I.

No comments: