Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Friday, January 23, 2009

Busy, Busy

Oh my gosh it's been a busy couple of weeks. Poor Neil has had the whole month booked with classes. And, I've had to do a bunch of classes and training for my job. I had a really great week this week though. One of the kids that I tutor is finally reading at grade level! This is such a big thing for him (and me). He's in 3rd grade and was reading at a very low 1st grade level. I've been working with him since the end of September and he finally made it!!! Felicia has been busy with Y.W. and babysitting (if you want a great sitter, please call her). Andy has had scouts and he's been helping his dad and his grandpa. And, Nick has been Nick. His school performance has really improved since he's been on his meds for his ADHD. I like the meds he's on because he doesn't zombie out on them. He can still be Nick, but he's not bouncing off the walls anymore (or any of the other things he was doing). I can't believe that it's almost February. I'm so excited because my birthday is that month and it's another month closer to spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad things are going good for you guys! Congrats with that boy you tutor. That's totally awesome for you and him! I'm sure he'll be grateful for you FOREVER!