Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

update

This is just a quick update to life at the Christiansen house.
I'm finally getting over my pneumonia. I've had it for about a week. Dr. Vandemerwe gave me a different antibiotics and it seems to be working. He also gave me some Robitisson with codine. That stuff is good!!
Neil has been so good about doing double duty around here with me sick. I couldn't have gotten the rest I needed without him here.
The kids still live {even with eating their dad's cooking ;)}. Poor Felicia has been helping out with the laundry. She really doesn't mind doing, but after doing a weeks worth for a family of five she'll probably never want to look at dirty clothes again. Listening to her and Andy doing the dishes has been funny. Felicia loves to go hunting and has no problems cleaning out ducks, geese, etc. But, when it comes to having to clean food off the plates so they can be put in the dishwasher is another story. She thinks that is the grossest thing in the world. And, Andy doesn't mind cleaning off the dishes as long as he doesn't have to get the food out of the sink. What can I say, my children are weird.

3 comments:

Kim And Bruce said...

Glad you are feeling better! Did you know that I live in Nascar country?!? Check out the blog where I went to Daytona. It was a ton of fun. You'll have to come out and visit sometime!!

Julie said...

I am so sorry you have been so sick. I sure hope you are feeling much better. I'm so glad your family was so helpful.

Anonymous said...

Yucky to be sick! Glad you're doing better. That is so nice that your kids are old enough to do such "heavy" housework! :) I can't wait until that day! And rack up the points for Neil for being a great husband, too!