Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Friday, May 15, 2009

mothers day

I have a really hard time on Mothers Day because my mom isn't here to celebrate it with. Neil and the kids knew that I was having a rough time with that this year, so they made this Mothers Day really special. I got breakfast in bed (Cornpops and OJ, but it's the thought that counts). And I got a beautiful heart shaped locket with Mother written on it. Of course Mothers Day can't be totally perfect, and Nick made sure of that by getting sick halfway through the day. So, we weren't able to go up to Layton and visit with Diane. But, other than that, it was a wonderful day.

No comments: