Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter and Conference

What a wonderful we had this year. It was a beautiful sunday, we were able to listen to our Prophet and other church leaders. It was a great day to remember Christ and what he did for us. I swear every conference has talks that seem to directly relate to me and what I need in my life. This conference I think with every talk they had me in mind. It just seemed as though they were speaking directly to me and it was just what I needed to hear. It still amazes me that Heavenly Father, with everything else he has to do, knows what I need. I'm so grateful for this church. I'm so very, very grateful for Christ and what he did for us. I know, without question, that this church is true and that our Prophet is called by Heavenly Father to lead us at this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean! I felt like all the conference talks were directed right at me, too. And holy cow that Andy's 11! I swear, when I don't see people very often, they grow up a lot faster!