Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was wonderful around here today. My children spoiled me with homemade gifts, which if you ask me are the best because they come straight from the heart. Nicholas wrote me the cutest poem, and I will have to scrapbook it of course. Neil gave me the best gift of all, which I cannot share because it really isn't up to me to tell. Today, though I miss my Mom. I miss her getting up in the morning and telling us to come and worship her. She made Mother's Day so fun. It's one of those things that unless you've been through it you really don't understand. It's just an honest truth, that no matter how much time passes I still miss her. Somedays are easy and somedays, like today, are kind of hard. I'm just grateful that I have many Moms in my life that I can turn to, so that makes not having my Mom here a little easier.

No comments: