This is my next one..."My, Country, 'Tis of Thee" was the unofficial anthem of The United States until it was replaced by the "Star Spangled Banner" in 1931. Written by Samuel F. Smith and set to the tune of Britain's "God Save the Queen", it was first performed on July 4, 1831 by a children's choir in Boston.
My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing; land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrims pride, from every mountainside let freedom ring!
My native country, thee, land of the noble free, they name I love; I love thy rocks and rills, they wood and templed hills. My heart with rapture thrills like that above.
Let music swell the breeze and ring from all the trees sweet freedom's song; let mortal tongues awake; let all that breathe partake; lets rocks their silence breath, the sound prolong.
Our fathers' God, to thee, author of liberty, to thee we sing; long may our land be bright with freedom's holy light. Protect us by thy might, great God, our King!
Thursday, July 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment