Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Sunday, May 18, 2008

100 things you wondering about- Melanie

I got this idea from a friend of mine. She had this on her blog and I thought it was cute.

1: Neil and I got married two weeks after I graduated high school. For all young girls out there NEVER do that.

2: Neil and I will be married for 14 yrs. next month. Where does the time go?

3: I LOVE shoes. I own about 30 pair and would like to have more.

4: I like heels. I own shoes that have a 4 in. heel on them. No one gets how I can walk in them.

5: I want a Louis Vuitton purse, the big one with the cherry blossoms on it. I just need to save around $1000.00.

6: I let Neil fly to North Carolina to buy his new motorcycle.

7: I collect Barbie’s. 32 yrs. old and I still like Barbie’s. Sad isn’t it.

8: I talk to myself all the time.

9: I’ll answer myself. That way the answer is never wrong.

10: I miss my Mom so much that some days it hurts.

11: Andy was born 2 yrs. to the day that Mom died.

12: I love Diane, but like I said above, I still miss my Mom.

13: I love my in-laws.

14: I am very happy where I’m at in my life right now.

15: I have never regretted marrying Neil.

16: I always wanted 4 kids.

17: I’m glad I stopped at 3.

18: I always wanted to work in the NICU (neo-natal ICU) as a nurse.

19: I have an associate of arts degree.

20: I teach 1st graders how to read.

21: I love teaching those kids.
22: I like to go to my kids’ school and bring cupcakes to their class for their birthday.

23: I like to make their class sing Happy Birthday to them in Dutch to get their cupcakes.

24: I HATED turning 30!!!!

25: I like being 32.

26: I like getting my nails done.

27: Right now my nails are dark green and light green.

28: I love to shop on E-bay.

29: I love to do geneology.

30: I’m so grateful for all the people out there that are willing to share what they’ve found.

31: I’m looking for a John Waddell born in Teton County Id around 1890. Any information would help.

32: Andy just got electrocuted (he’s ok).

33: I love animals.

34: Even though I love animals I don’t mind a good steak.

35: My absolute favorite flower is a tulip.

36: I’m starting a vegetable garden this year and I hope to can a lot of it.

37: I actually scrapbook. And, I enjoy it!

38: I cross stich.

39: I do play the piano, but I refuse to play in Relief Society.

40: I like to paint ceramics.

41: I wish I could draw better.

42: I would love to paint my windows for the holidays like my mom did.

43: I own two Build-a-Bears.

44: I dress them up for any holiday.

45: My living room walls are covered with pictures.

46: I hate bare walls.

47: I’m very proud of Neil.

48: I love to go with him to his concealed carry classes.

49: I would go nuts without my computer.

50: I loved my Mother’s Day present. It was a palm.

51: Now I don’t have to fill up a day planner any more.

52: My favorite vacation to date was Washington D.C. and NYC.

53: I hated the top of the Empire State Building. I stayed against the wall the whole time I was up there.

54: The Waldorf-Astoria is a beautiful hotel. I loved staying there.

55: Neil gave me a 10 yr. anniversary ring at the restaurant in the Waldorf that looked just like my wedding set.

56: I think that driving in NYC is deadly.

57: I think that walking in NYC is deadly.

58: The Holland Tunnel is scary. I didn’t like driving under the East River.

59: I will never forget seeing the WTC site and the impact it had on me.

60: I didn’t like not being able to see the sky in NYC.

61: I think that Washington D.C. is pretty cool.

62: I love the Smithsonian buildings. I never realized that is was multiple buildings.

63: I can’t wait to take the kids back there in 2 yrs.

64: When 9-11 happened my heart sank.

65: I was afraid that Neil would reenlist after 9-11.

66: I’m so glad that he didn’t.

67: I’m proud of my husband, my grandpa, uncles and cousins who have served, or are serving, honorably in the U.S. military.

68: I respect anyone who can make it past Basic Training.

69: I don’t regret joining the Army. It taught me a lot.

70: I’m glad that I’m not in the Army anymore.

71: I still think that Neil is crazy for being willing to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft.

72: I’m so proud that he was in the Special Forces.

73: I love Thai food.

74: I think that the best Thai restaurant is by the Smith’s on 45th and 9th.

75: I’m a chocoholic.

76: I love Diet Coke.

77: I tried to stop drinking it, but the headache from losing the caffeine wasn’t worth it.

78: I love to cook.

79: I wish I could bake really good bread.

80: I’ve been working on my food storage.

81: I need to learn how to grind wheat.

82: What’s happening in this country scares me.

83: I’m very opinionated. Especially on illegal immigration.

84: I like none of the presidential candidates.

85: I’ll vote anyway.

86: My Mom always said that if you don’t vote than you’ve lost your right to complain. And, I agree with her.

87: I’m proud of my heritage.
88: I like pioneer stories, especially ones about my family.

89: I could never have made it across the plains.

90: I’m proud to be LDS.

91: I’m a NASCAR fan.

92: I liked Tony Stewart until he switched to driving a Toyota (the traitor).

93: I want to see a NASCAR race live.

94: I will visit Holland before I die. I don’t care what it takes, but I will see it.

95: I like taking my kids to Disney Land.

96: I like seeing movies.

97: I think that any movie that makes you cry is a good movie.

98: I cried watching “I am Legend” when Will Smith had to kill his dog because it became infected with the virus.

99: I like Raspberry Cheesecakes shakes from Artic Circle.

100: I love my kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was so fun to read and at times, hilarious! So much I didn't know about you! Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you finally got to enable comments!