Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

where did May go?

I can't believe that May went by so fast. It's been such a busy month and I forgot to blog all the things that have happened in my family this month. So, I'll just give a quick run down.

1: Nick turned 8 on May 18th. We had a little party at our house for him. He was so spoiled and totally loved his presents. He will be baptized this Saturday (I am still in denial that my baby is getting baptized).




2: Woodrow Wilson held it's annual Jog-a-thon. It is to raise money for an organization called Heifer International. The kids earn one dollar for every mile they run and they run three miles. There are over 600 kids at the school so that can really add up. After they run there grade decides where the money should go and what animals they'll buy with it. There is also prizes for the top three runners, boys and girls, in each grade and a prize for the faster runner, boys and girls, out of the whole school. This is a really big deal for these kids, and they look forward to it every year. These photos should give you an idea of how many kids, and parents, run in this thing.



3. Since CRT's are offically over we were able to go party at Hollywood Connections.
2nd grade through 6th grade is able to go because they to the CRT's (it's their reward for taking them). It's really fun and very loud!
4: Neil and Andy are also getting ready for their big trip. They leave next week and will be gone for about 10 days. I can't imagine 10 days on a motorcycle. My rearend hurts just thinking about it. I just hope they have fun. When they leave I will keep my blog and my facebook page updated so all my friends and family can follow them on their trip.
Well, that's all for now. But stay tuned for the Adventures of Neil and Andy!

No comments: