Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Monday, January 2, 2012

2011..our year in review

I can't believe how fast 2011 flew by! If you ask me, it should be around August and school starting (that's how I feel). Our family had it shares of ups and downs and I can totally say that 2011 was my own roller-coaster ride (I imagine it feels like that for a lot of people).
My biggest "high" was the cruise that Neil and I were able to go on with his parents. It was so fun and being able to spend a week with Neil was just a dream come true. We haven't been able to do that for a very long time. The best part of the cruise was, without a doubt, the fishing trip. Catching that 250 lb. marlin was the experience of a lifetime. At first I didn't even want to fishing, but I am so glad that I changed my mind and decided to go.
My biggest "low" was losing Mikey. I miss him so much, and it amazes me how weird, almost stupid, things remind me of him. Like at Diane's family dinner..we were all having fun, visiting family and enjoying the company, and the food, when I look over at where my Dad was sitting. I almost started to cry when I saw his plate of food and remembered how he would fill it for him and Mikey. Yes, I almost cried over a plate of food! But, I am so glad for him because I know where he is, I know that he is so much better up there. My only question is..Will I recognize him when I return? I mean, I remember him from here, his little crippled body, him not walking, or talking. What will I do, or say for that matter, when I see him again totally whole and doing things that I never saw him do here? Just a thought that I wonder about sometimes.
After all these things and everything in between, I am amazed just how blessed we have been. There have been so many things that Heavenly Father has blessed us with and I am so truely greatful for each and everyone of them. I hope that 2012 will be a little slower for our family and that we can enjoy it more. We have some fun things planned for this summer if some things work out to enable us to do them. So, I hope that they will because it will bring some great memories if things do work as planned.
I wish all my friends and family the very best for 2012. I love each and everyone of you. And, I am so very blessed to have you all in my life.

No comments: