Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A year in review

2012 went by so fast for me. It was a year of extreme ups and downs. So here is what our was like. Neil turned 39 in January. He was kept busy teaching his concealed classes and hunters education. He was able to get out and play mighty hunter a few times. He was called as 1st Counselor in the Elders Quorum and was released a few months later only to be called as 2nd Counselor in the Young Men's and Boy Scout master. Needless to say Neil will be very busy this coming year. I stayed busy working at Woodrow Wilson. I was called as 1st Counselor in the Primary (which has to be my most favorite calling). I helped with the Webelos in the Cub Scout Program. I also played secretary for Neil's business. And, on top of all that (I know that doesn't sound like much, but it keeps me busy) I still have three great kids that keep me on my toes! Felicia had a big year! She turned 16 and got her drivers license. No dates yet (thank goodness, I'm not ready for that yet!). She started tenth grade at Olympus High and loves high school. She's a Laurel in Young Women's and is also the Laurel President. She keeps busy let me tell you. Andy had a fun year. He was on the wrestling team at Evergreen Jr. High. He didn't win any matches, but he had a blast and that's what counts. He started eighth grade and it has been harder for him this year which is good because he needs the challenge. He was also in the school musical "White Christmas" which he enjoyed doing, and he did very well if I do say so myself. He has been so busy with Young Men's and Boy Scouts. He earned his 2nd class Boy Scout badge and is very close to earning his Star. He loves being in the Young Men's and he takes his job as a priesthood holder very seriously. I love watching him pass the sacrament because he is always so reverent and respectful. Neil and I have received many compliments about how he passes and I'm so very proud of him for honoring his priesthood. Nick, well what can I say but he's still Nick. He's in the fifth grade, so only 1 more year of elementary school. I cannot believe that! His teacher is hard and doesn't take any bull. She expects him to work and won't let him get away with not doing his best, that's why I requested her. He loves cub scouts and should get his Arrow of Light in the next month or so. He is also very close to earning all 20 of the badges for Webelos (it helps when your mom is the den mother). This will be his last year in Primary! He has grown so quickly! Our family also lost two very special people this past year. Neil's dad, Chris, passed away in July. And my Grandma, Joyce McCurdy, passed away in October. They have both been very missed. It has been hard not having them here. Neil and I celebrated our 18th anniversary this past June. We were able to go to a hotel in the Draper area and have a nice dinner and go see a movie. It wasn't much, but it was so nice just to be alone together. Well, that about sums up our year. I truly hope that next year isn't quite as eventful and that maybe it will slow down just a tad.

No comments: