Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Power of the Priesthood

Today was ward conference, and I will be honest I usually dread it. I remember growing up and just being bored to death. The speakers were dull and I just wanted to take a nap.
But, this year it was such a different experience. The Bishop and Stake President spoke about the importance of family history and temple work. I loved the message and as I looked around I found that everyone was paying attention.
What struck me the most though was who was on the stand. There sitting was the Stake Presidency, the high council, and the bishopric. Around all these faithful men was such a power and a light. They exuded such calm, strength, and devotion to Heavenly Father. Just sitting they magnified the power of the Priesthood and why the Lord gave that responsibility to men. Its so hard to explain how much they strengthened my testimony by just sitting up there.
Seeing humble, imperfect men acting with the Lords authority doing their best to lead their respective stake and wards is such a testimony to me of the truthfulness of the gospel.
I'm so grateful that I have a husband and two sons that truly magnify their priesthood and that by doing so righteously it bring the spirit into our home.

No comments: