Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Monday, September 29, 2014

Titles

I've been thinking about the many titles that I go by and the meaning that they have in my life.
There's Mrs. Christiansen, Sis. Christiansen, Melanie, and of course Mom (plus others that I'm not addressing at this time).

Mrs. Christiansen means so much to me. It means that I was able to marry the love of my life for all eternity!!! Even after 20 years that still amazes me, that I found someone to spend eternity with. I always tell people that when I met Neil it was like a scene out of "Saturdays Warriors" (anyone whose LDS or who saw it will understand that). I am so blessed to be Mrs. Christiansen, to have a man whose such a hard worker, loving father, and awesome husband (and still good looking :-D).

Sis. Christiansen means that I believe in something bigger, more then myself. It means that I belong to a church that teaches of Jesus Christ and I know He is our Savior, that I know there is a living prophet on the earth today, and that I am able to testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the Bible. I am so blessed to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!!! I love the gospel!!!

Melanie...What can I say, but I like my name. My mom always told me she named me after Melanie Hamilton from "Gone With the Wind" in hopes that I'd be like her. You know, soft spoken, polite, selfless, etc. I think I'm more like Scarlett O'Hara, but I do love the sentiment behind my name.

Mom...I love all my titles, but I have to admit that this might be my favorite. Knowing that my body carried and gave birth to 3 healthy children and then fed them for the first year of their life. Now they're older, but still depend on me. I enjoy being a Mom more then words can say. Yes, there a days, but I think we all have those. But, I wouldn't trade this title for all the wealth in the world!!!

No comments: