Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Job

You know there are days at work that make you want to scream. Then there are days that you actually feel like you're making a difference. I work at Roosevelt Elem. teaching 1st graders to read. And, today one of my students finally picked up on everything that I've been teaching him all year! It was like you could see the little lightbulb in his head turn on. I was so excited. It is days like this that totally make my job worth while.

No comments: