Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Neils wreck

I guess Neil is jinxed. He has had his motorcycle for almost two months, and it has had two wrecks. The first time, which was not my fault, he was parked at Gallenson's (it's a gun store downtown). I was standing on the sidewalk waiting for him, and his bike tipped over. I'm thinking that this bike can't be that heavy so I reach out to stop it, and it continued to fall on me. I was ok, but I was so scared that his bike was damaged. One of the side mirrors did break, but that was it. Then, about a week later he is driving down third east to go to teach a concealed carry class when some lady backs out of her driveway into him. He wasn't hurt, thank heavens. But, she caused over $1,000 worth of damage to his bike. I can't believe that she did not see a big, bright red, motorcycle driving down the road. I'm really starting to dislike his new motorcycle.

No comments: