Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Monday, February 16, 2009

Sad News

Sorry my last post was so short. I got a call from Neils' mom right in the middle of typing it with some sad news. Neils' Uncle Deon passed away today. I totally liked him. He always wore a hard hat. I think I've seen him without a hard hat one like one time. He even wore it to our wedding! The only good news is that he is now up in Heaven with his wife Frankie who passed away about 10 yrs. ago. I'll post his obit when I get it.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm sorry to hear about Neil's uncle. But like you said, at least he's in a better place with his wife now.