Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 19, 2011

Today the Heavens gained another angel. My wonderful brother, Mikey, joined my Mom up there. He never gained fame, fortune, or did anything worth note for the history books. But, he did change my life and the lives of everyone that ever had the privlege to meet him. I will miss him dearly, but at the same time I will rejoice for him. Because I know that he is now able to walk, talk, run, and do everything that he wasn't able to do here. I'm not the best at putting my feelings into words sometimes, so I chose a song for my blog that was my Mom's favorite because it expresses exactly how she felt, and how I feel, about Mikey. It's called "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler
I love you so much Mikey, I miss you. But, I know that you are with Mom and that you are so much better off now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!