Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Oh me oh my

Yesterday was my birthday. Not a big "mile-stone" one, just my 38th. As I was getting ready for bed, it hit me just how "big" this one is.
In about 4 months I'll be celebrating my 20th anniversary. Not many people who are 38 years old can say they've been married for 20 years.
This is also the 2nd to last birthday that all my kids will (probably) be home. Felicia will graduate next June. Her plan is to be down at SUU by next September. So, this is more then likely her last full year at home. I'm just depressed writing about it!!
Andy has only 3, yes 3, years until he can put in his mission papers. Which will leave me with just Nick for a few more years. And, then he'll be gone too!
I know it all sounds so far away, but it crazy how quickly this chapter of my life seems to be closing, and a lot quicker then I want it to! I remember when I had Felicia that it seemed like forever until she started Kindergarten. And now she's almost out of the house!
Where or where did all the time go?!

No comments: