Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Having an Attitude of Gratitude

It's November!!! I love this time of year, the fall leaves, the crisp air, the smell, and above all the Holidays that come with it...Thanksgiving and then Christmas.
What a perfect time to remember to be grateful, even though I probably should do this all year through.
So, I have a goal to share one thing every day that I'm grateful for. Now this is a huge challenge for me. I tried it a few years ago and made it to day 10 I believe. But I really want to accomplish it this time.

So for the very first grateful post to start this off...
I'm grateful for the testimonies that we heard in Sacrament today. They reminded me of all that I had to be grateful for and inspired me to do this. Some things happened last week that have caused me to question a few things and those inspired testimonies reminded me that it is Gods will that will be done, not mine.
So, to all those who bore their beautiful testimonies, I thank you!

No comments: