Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The end of the games

Well, the Olympics are over and the USA did pretty well. We beat China in the overall medal count. But, they beat our gold medal count. Despite all the controversy I think that the games went really well.
The mens USA vollyball team won gold. Isn't that wonderful for the coach (whose father-in-law was murdered while in China).
Both mens and womens basketball won gold. I don't know how long its been since the mens team won a gold medal. So, a big congrats to them for finally pulling it off.
Michael Phelps made the swimming so fun to watch. I really think that he is taking some kind of weird fish horomone that helps him swim so fast (just kidding). Taking
8 gold medals, and breaking like 6 world records in the process is amazing to say the least.
The next Olympics will be 2010 in Vancouver, BC, Canada for the winter games. And, I can't wait.

No comments: