Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympics

I'm going to post the medal count and keep my blog updated on the winners. So, if you don't want to know don't read it until after the event has happened.
Congrats to the USA fencing team who swept the medals. They took gold, silver, and bronze. YEAH!!!
The opening ceremonies were something else. I could not believe all the special effects that were involved in it. The only complaint I have was the march of the nations. I hope that no other country does it like that. I get that China doesn't have an alphabet, but there had to be a better way of organizing the nations. I can't believe the nations that were represented that I've never even heard of. Neil was sitting there telling Felicia which ones that he has been to. He has been to more countries than I even realized.

No comments: