Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

proud mommy moment

I had a proud mommy moment today and I just had to share it. Felicia met with our bishop today to get her first temple recommend. She will be able to do baptisms for the dead now. She was nervous about meeting the bishop for it, but all went well (of course). I can't wait to be able to go with her to do baptisms.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I know how you feel. I had the same thoughts when CoriAnn got to go and do that. What a neat experience. Can you believe they are so big?

Julie said...

Ok I got back on today to copy your info, and had to comment on how cute your blog looks. I know Halloween was your mom's favorite and you always go all out. Love it. Thank you also for your sweet comment about Brett.