Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Friday, June 13, 2008

High School Musical

You've got to love living in Salt Lake. I was driving up to the VA hospital yesterday. And, to get there I had to drive right past East High School. Oh my gosh, what a mess. They were in the process of filming the finale of HSM. Anyhow, as I'm driving I'm looking around seeing if I can catch a glimps of one of the stars in the movie. And, who do I see? I saw Corbin Blue. If you have kids into HSM like I do you'll know who he is. I think I also saw Ashely Tisdale. Felicia wasn't with me, she was in Bountiful at her Grandmas' house. I called her to give her a bad time. She was so mad at me. She made me promise to drive by there today with her, so she can check it out.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh CoriAnn would just love that! How fun to even live close enough to "drive" by. I'll be telling CoriAnn.