Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

More that you may or may not want to know about me.

I saw this on a friend’s blog and I liked it, so I decided to do it to.

1.Were you named after anyone? Yes, Melanie Hamilton on “Gone with the Wind”. My mom thought that if she named me after her that I would be sweet and caring like her. How little did she know at that time!
2.When was the last time you cried? Monday morning when Neil left for New Mexico.
3.Do you like your handwriting? No, I write like a serial killer.
4.What is your favorite lunch meat? Pastrami
5.Do you have kids? I have 3, and I don’t want anymore!
6.If you were another person would you be friends with you? I would think so.
7.Do you use sarcasm a lot? Yes, Neil says I’m very sarcastic.
8.Do you still have your tonsils? Nope, lost them when I was about 8.
9.Would you bungee jump? How can I politely say H E double hockey sticks NO!!!!
10.Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I don’t think I own a pair with laces to tie.
11.What is your favorite cereal? Now that is a toss up between Lucky Charms and Apple Jacks.
12.Do you think you are strong? Physically strong, somewhat. Mentally strong, not a chance I’m too crazy. Spiritually strong, I would say that I’m getting stronger.
13.What is your favorite ice cream? That would have to be the Dryers Girl Scout Thin Mint ice cream. It is to die for.
14.What is the first thing you notice about people? I know it is shallow, but I notice if they take care of themselves. I think that says a lot about a person.
15.Red or Pink? Felicia has me so burnt out on pink that I would say red.
16.What is the least favorite think about yourself? Do I really want to answer that one? Nope, the list would be to long.
17.Who do you miss the most? Right now Neil, but he’ll be back on Friday. My mom I miss every day.
18.What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Capri jeans and a tee shirt, with a black tank under it. I’ve been painting all day, so I don’t care if I match.
19.What was the last thing you ate? Chicken nuggets at the park.
20.What are you listening to right now? The kids watching the Disney Channel.
21.If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I feel like yellow today.
22.Favorite smells? Anything that is chocolate and preferably baking in my oven.
23.Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Neil’s mom, Doris.
24.Do you like the person who tagged you? No one tagged me I decided to do this on my own.
25.Favorite sports to watch? BYU football of course. Next in line is hockey and baseball.
26.Hair color? A very boring brown (I hate my hair color).
27.Eye color? Hazel
28.Do you wear contacts? Yes, I can’t stand glasses.
29.Favorite food? Too many good choices. I don’t think I can pick just one.
30.Scary movies or happy ending? That really depends on the mood I’m in.
31.What color shirt are you wearing? Lime green
32.Last movie you watched? Charlie Wilson’s war. Rated R, very funny, some nudity (you get to see Tom Hank’s butt).
33.Summer or winter? Neither, I like spring and fall. When the seasons really start to change.
34.Hugs or kisses? Both
35.Favorite dessert? Anything with chocolate.
36.What are you reading right now? The Old Testament. I’ve never read it all the way through and that is my goal for this year.
37.What is on your mouse pad? Flowers
38.What did you watch on T.V. last night? Nothing I was at a Bees game. We won in the 12th inning 6 to 5. It was a great game.
39.Favorite music? Depends on my mood and what I’m doing at the time.
40.Rolling stone or Beatles? Neither, I don’t like them.
41.What is the furthest you have been from home? NYC
42.Do you have a special talent? My kids are out of school, and they haven’t been injured or died. I think that is a pretty good talent to keep that from happening with my kids!

No comments: