Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Monday, November 24, 2008

christmas questions

I've been getting this e-mail from a lot of people. So, I'm posting it, so that who ever wants to read it can.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like to go all out when I'm wrapping for christmas. That includes the wrapping paper, bows, ribbons, etc.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I have a fake one, but I like the smell of a real one. So, I buy evergreen candles to get that smell.
3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving (Neil hates it that early, but I do it anyway).
4. When do you take the tree down? Around Jan 2nd, sometimes earlier if I get tired of it.
5. Do you like eggnog? NOT
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The cabbage patch doll with the clothes that my mom made for it out of her old maternity clothes. (I still have it).
7. Hardest person to buy for? any male in my family (Neil, his dad, my dad, etc.)
8. Easiest person to buy for? Felicia
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have 2, and they were both my moms, so they are real special
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, I like to hang the cards on my door frame in the livingroom.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The lump of coal that Neil gave me for our first christmas together. (He gave it to me as a joke. I've still got it in my ceder chest).
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Story. I watch it when TNT or TBS do their 24hour marathon on Christmas Eve.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year long, especially if it's on sale.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything that is chocolate
16. Lights on the tree? My fake tree came with the lights already on it.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night (the Josh Groban version is great).
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I've got so much family to see that I pretty much live in my car that day.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yep, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen, don't forget Rudolph. After hearing my mom and aunts sing a song every christmas that names them all I can't help but remember.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? The kids get to open one present on Christmas Eve. The rest have to wait until morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I can't think of anything. I love this time of year.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My kid's first christmas ornaments.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I try to make something special every year. But, we do buy shrimp every year for an appetizer. The kids really like that.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would absolutly love the have my Honda DN01 for Christmas, but I can't afford it right now.

No comments: