Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New President

This is one of the few political posts that you will see on my blog. America just voted for Barack Obama to be the 44th President of the USA. How do I say this nicely, I think this was a big mistake for our great nation. I really do hope that he does a good job, but some of his ideas scare me. My biggest fear is his stand on gun rights. I totally believe that he will start to ban all types of guns. And with a democratic congress and senate to help him I think he will do it. He also wants to cut down our military and the funding for all our soliders. I just am in total shock that he won. I truely hope that I'm wrong about Obama, but I just don't see him leading our country in the right direction. Sorry if I insulted anyone out there, this is just my opinion.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm with you sister. I am very afraid for our country. Here's to listening to the prophet and being prepared. :) Love you