Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I just love this time of year. When we can all get together with our family and friends to celebrate. I hope that your Thanksgiving was as good as mine was. We have so much to be thankful for this year. We are so thankful for our children (even if they do drive us mad!). We're thankful that Neil's parents surived that horrible car wreck, and that they are healing. That we both have jobs so we are able to provide for our family. For my parents, especially for Diane, who is so willing to listen to me if I've had a bad day. I'm so glad that she is there for me at those times. And we are grateful for all of the other blessings that we've had this year, both big and small.
I posted a picture of all the grandkids that were at my Dad's tonight. Some of them didn't want to smile and one was laughing so hard that I finally just had to take the picture. Just to let you know who is who: In back (with the pink hat) is Madison. Then there is Andy and Karlee. In front is Nick and Felicia, who is holding Alyssa. Madison and Karlee are Kim's girls. And, Alyssa is Steve's and Mary's daughter.

No comments: