Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Sunday, July 6, 2008

baptism

Yesterday was a great day. My family was able to watch my sister-in-law (Lynda) and my niece (Katelyn) be baptized. It was wonderful. Neils brother (Roy) was able to baptize them. They worked so hard to reach this point. I was so proud of them. I was asked to do the talk on baptism. Yeah for me. I hate giving talks, but I did it anyhow. I know that I talked super fast through it. But, I did warn everyone ahead of time that I probably would do that. So, other than my talk I think that the baptism went really well. I just wanted to let all my friends a family know that I'm so proud of Lynda, Katelyn, and Roy.

No comments: