Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

beware the bugs at the zoo

My family went to the zoo on Monday. We had such a fun time. We watched the black bears tackle each other. Then there were two Meerkats chasing each other because the one bit the other on the butt. The kids went on the new carousel. Then we went on the train. Everything was going well until we got off. After I got off the train I put my hand on the wood railings that are by the train exit. All of a sudden my hand feels like it has been stabbed with a red hot poker. It was burning and itching, and getting really red and swollen. Neil said that I was bit by a horse fly, so I didn't really worry about it. The day goes on, my hand still really hurts, keeps getting redder, and really starts swelling up. So, yesterday morning I went to see my doctor. He says it is a wasp sting, gives me some antihistamine, draws lines on my hand to see where it is still red, and tells me if the swelling or reddness goes past those lines to go to the E.R. Well, that is where I ended up last night. My hand looked like a small grapefruit. I lost feeling in my fingers, and the reddness is now past my wrist, and you can see it moving up my veins. The E.R. doctor put a splint on to keep my right hand immmoblized, and my hand is in a sling to keep it above my heart. I'm on one of the strongest antibiotics they make, and on a stronger antihistamine. Life will be interesting the next few days not being able to use my right hand. I'm so right handed it isn't funny. It took me 15 minutes to type this with my left hand. This could only happen to me, I swear. So, as my title for this blog says "BEWARE THE BUGS AT THE ZOO". Especially the ones by the train.

No comments: