Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More info on Neil's parents

Neils mom went into surgery today. They operated on her left and right femurs and her right ankle. She was in surgery for a total of nine hours today. She is still in the SICU and will probably be there for the rest of the week. I saw her tonight and she is looking better. She still has the tube down her throat so she can't talk. She is lucid and she does try to communicate. They do have her pretty doped up though she goes in and out.
Neils dad is doing ok. He is seeing a urologist tomorrow because they are concerned about one of his kidneys. We will know more tommorow about that. Neil is heading up to Pocatello tomorrow to see him.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am way behind on checking blogs. Sorry. I went back and read all that you have been up to. Cool about Neil's ride. I'm so glad he is back safe. Loved your info about yourself. So sorry about Neils parents. I have your MK and will send it hopefully today. Sorry it took so long. Love ya