Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

fun on the 4th

We had a family bbq on the 4th of July. I couldn't keep my kids out of our pool that night. All of Neil's family showed up, so they were in our pool also. And, then we went to the Bees game on the 5th. Unfortunately we lost, but the fireworks after that were great.

Here are some pictures of the kids swimming in our pool. I think that they were born part fish.

These are some of the fireworks after the Bees game. I've never tried to photograph fireworks before, so I apologize for the quality.

No comments: