Scripture of the month

And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which, God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

Mosiah 13:28

Thought of the Month

"Think of it! when his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered these afflictions as we suffer them, according to the flesh. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial."

Howard W. Hunter
"He is Risen," Ensign, May 1988

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy pioneer day

Since today is pioneer day lets take a moment to remember all the pioneers. I know we always think of the people who settled this valley, but let’s also take a moment to acknowledge the modern day pioneers. The ones who left there homes a families to come here. Even if they are not LDS they have done something very courageous. I'm very proud of my pioneer heritage. I love finding stories about my pioneer ancestors who crossed the plains. But, I'm also proud of my Grandparents who left everything they owned in Holland after WWII. They decided to come here to build a new and better life. And, if that isn't true pioneer spirit than I don't know what is. So, after the parades and BBQs and ballgames, lets take sometime to reflect on why we celebrate today.

No comments: